Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Teen Vogue Fashion University: My AMAZING Experience! (Day 1)

Ok so I know I've been lacking on my posts here but I have some amazing news- I attended Teen Vogue Fashion University 2013! I had SO MUCH FUN, and didn't want to leave...talk about an amazing experience! Although I arrived on thursday, I did most of my exploring on Friday with my roommates. And unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me that day so I missed out on taking tons of beautiful pictures at the Express kickoff event (I was so upset) but I got a few...


I've been to NY 4 times now, and I think everyone who's interested in fashion, sewing or project runway has wanted to stop in Mood- so we went in for a quick tour. Fabrics from wall to wall, oh my goodness.



NOTE: Another unfortunate moment, we didn't have time to go back to our room so I had to stay in my "running around the city in leather leggings, free-runs and an oversized sweater" outfit-ugh. But some guy at the event did compliment my outfit lol--as you can guess, I was the only one wearing athletic footwear, but it was fashion forward with my fringed leather bag.



Lets just talk about how I met Andrew Bevan...........yes THE ANDREW BEVAN- aka the amazing Style Features Director for Teen Vogue . It's so unreal, we got to chat for like 10-15 min about random things like how he almost went to UVA (since I'm from Virginia) and how we should take a "serious pic, then act like Asian tourists!" in his exact words. I really appreciate how he connected with each and everyone of us at the event. Seriously he had a conversation with everyone that came up to him!



No comments:

Post a Comment