Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Current Wish List - Wishing Wishing for You

Okay so this morning the only thing that was on my mind were the things I just want so bad right now. Looking at my wardrobe, I've realized I'm not satisfied. I want to start with a blank slate- fresh, new, clean, minimal. I used to buy things just because I loved them, now I buy things because I see a future with them. Essential items in any wardrobe should be basic loose fitting tanks, silk button ups, neutral oversized T's, menswear inspired blazers, a moto jacket, dark denim jeans, leggings (i know i know but every girl needs them), long pencil skirts, plain shift dresses and one essential maxi dresses etc etc. Fun fact-- I LOATHE a maxi dress however a plain black maxi sans chiffon is life changing when it fits your body right. As far as what I want right now, it involves a few of the listed items above and some others that aren't really essential but rather things I absolutely neeeeed.

1. Culottes
Eva Chen has these, enough said.




2. Minimal Jewelry
I casually met jewelry designer/maker Celeste Emiko Kamaha'o Rodero last week at Need Supply Co. and had the opportunity to tell her how much I loved loved loved this necklace. DIGDOGDIG is a brand she started first with a [blog] in 2009 and then in 2013 she began handcrafting beautiful jewelry that can be found at Need Supply Co. and soon on Etsy. This is one of the brands I'm really excited about for this year. (Especially since it is local, I love supporting our RVA artists)




3. Bucket Bag
Sold out everywhere, even the pre-order has ended. Much sadness to me, but hey that tells me I don't need to buy it right now.....maybe.




4. Plain Little Black Dress
Oh the versatility, classic. 
*I just want to note this dress is a dress from the Curve section of ASOS and I want to applaud them to the moon and back. Finally a place where the size 12+ crowd can buy great looking, fitting and great quality clothes-PRAISE. I am currently a size 12 so that means I can not buy bottoms from many places- my hips and behind are absolutely the curvy part of me..I mean I'm black hello! They continually bring the sexy and are always on trend for those who can't shop at traditional places. Not to mention their customer service is TOP NOTCH. When I tweeted them regarding an issue I was having, not only did they reply promptly but ASOS Here to Help followed me and direct messaged me on twitter to help me out immediately. Bravo ASOS, now that's a brand that I will forever be loyal to!



So if you're willing to contribute to my SS14 wardrobe fund, I'm gladly accepting donations!
;)

-R.

1 comment:


  1. The Nike Roshe Run Shoe is designed with a cushy midsole and premium upper for running-inspired comfort and athletic style for everyday wear.
    Nike Roshe Run men Black Red Mesh shoes
    Nike Roshe Run men Black Grey Mesh shoes
    Nike Roshe Run Men Blue White Mesh shoes
    http://www.sportshoestyle.com

    ReplyDelete